Gas Safety Certificates

Gas Safety Certificates in Swadlincote

Landlords letting a property, have a legal duty to ensure it’s safe for their tenants.

If you rent a property, then you are required by law to get a Gas Safe registered engineer to do an annual gas safety check on ALL gas appliances.

These results are recorded on your Landlord Gas Safety Certificate or CP12.

Without a current one you risk a hefty fine, and the appliances may be unsafe for your tenants to use.

They need to be renewed EVERY year and a copy held by you and a copy provided to the current tenant.

On the certificate, you will find:

  • A description and location of each appliance or flue that was checked.
  • The name, registration number and signature of the engineer who made the checks. This can be checked on the Gas Safe register to ensure you have a qualified engineer.
  • The date the checks were carried out and the renewal date.
  • The address of the property where the appliances or flues are installed.
  • Your name and address (or an agent’s where applicable)
  • Information on any safety defects and remedial action needed to fix them.
  • The results of all operational safety checks carried out on the appliances.

We also check to ensure that Carbon Monoxide detectors are installed in accordance with the change in recent legislation and can install, if necessary, at an additional charge.

Here at Gas Assist Heating and Plumbing we take the hassle of Gas Safety Certificates by offering the service of liaising with your tenants and giving a reminder when your properties are coming due for their renewal.

Our Gas Safety Certificates are priced at a flat fee regardless of number of appliances.

We offer a discount if a Gas Safety Certificate and Boiler Service are booked for the same time.

Please note that a Gas Safety Certificate is not the same as a service and vice versa.

Servicing is a more involved maintenance on an appliance, similar to the difference between MOT and service on a vehicle.

call our team on 01283 299843